If you are a custodian to high, valuable information, chances are someone would go to any length to get that information. In today's world, one of such methods is to plant bugs in the office, home, or vehicle. For this reason, it has become imperative that sweeping for bugs is a requirement for many offices. These hidden cameras and listening devices can be found if you know exactly how to carry out sweeping for bugs.
While there may be many guides on how to do these sweeping for bugs by yourself, it is worthy to note that if a comprehensive and detailed counter surveillance is to be carried out, you would need to hire out a professional in TSCM and other counter surveillance. This is especially necessary if you're prone to being spied on. You have no idea the length some people would go to get information.
Although it is advisable to leave the sweep for bugs to the professionals, there are still some few things you can do or watch out for to detect bugs if they're present.
1. Pay attention to people who have somehow managed to get their hands on information you deemed confidential. By people, your search should begin from friends, colleagues, workers to outside competitors and all whatnot. This means you should know the people you shared such information to in the past - if you did - so you would not seem overly paranoid.
2. Take not of unsolicited or unauthorized visits from individuals and technicians into your home, office, or vehicle. These technicians could be exterminators or computer technicians. For any bug to be planted, they would need access into your space. Be very mindful of the people you let in and ensure it is always authorized by you, as much as possible.
3. If you know you're privy to certain information that are much needed, you would need to take note of gift items that come from people you are not too familiar with. As a matter of fact, you need to even take care on gifts received from close associates. This should be done when such gift item will be in the room where you hold private conversations. Get a professional counter surveillance experts to sweep the item, just to be extra sure.
4. Look out for vehicles parked around your office or home that stand out suspiciously from the background. Vans and cars with tinted glass usually make a good vehicle for monitoring and listening to bugs. If there are cars that just sit for long hours around your location. While this may seem extreme, it is a general security tip to always monitor vehicles parked for long hours with occupants in it.
5. When phone lines are bugged or listening devices installed, there's usually an accompanying sounds and clicks. Echoes and changing volumes are other signs to know the lines could be blocked. To notice this, you would have to be very observant and take care to listen for any strange noise. The same can be said for radios and televisions. When a bug is put in a room, there tend to be some level of interference. This could be seen as disturbance on the channels.
6. Physical observation is the next thing to do. Look for furniture or items in the room that seem out of place. Something that was repositioned or move out from where it was. The bug or listening device is usually placed in or around these furniture. So you would want to also take note of holes and patches on the walls or furniture. Many bugs are planted within walls and furniture items.
7. If you are exposed to sensitive information or deal with information or a similar nature, you may want to have TSCM experts close by. These counter surveillance experts would have to come into your office space or home and do comprehensive sweeping for bugs.
The number or frequency of bug sweeps would be determined by several factors. If you are exposed to sensitive information on a regular basis and have competitors to worry about, you may have to hire a counter surveillance professional to come and regularly sweep through your office and home for bugs. If not, you may have to schedule their inspection occasionally.
Our services include bug sweeping to find bugging devices in the UK and effective TSCM which we can fully carry out in vehicles, houses, workplaces, and offices.[more]
In the past few years the features of the computers and the cell phones have become almost identical.[more]
Nowadays bugs, tracking devices and many other types of spy equipment have become so accessible that almost anyone with a little more money to spend can easily invade your privacy.[more]
People often don't consider the fact that they might have been bugged.[more]
In the past few years invading people's privacy has become too easy.[more]